Oven temperature: 180*c
1 & ½ cups of S.R flour
½ tsp mixed spice
1/3 cups butter
1/3 cups raw sugar
1/3 cups mixed fruit
¼ cups milk
- Sift the flour and mixed spice into a large bowl.
- Rub in butter into the flour and spice. It is ready when it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add raw sugar and mixed fruit with the flour mixture
- Mix milk and egg together in small jug
- Pour milk and egg mixture into flour and using a wooden spoon stir until combined.
- Place 12 even spoonful’s of mixture onto your greased trays. (3 rows of 4).
- For 15-20 minutes. They are ready when they are light golden brown in colour.
- Cool rock cakes on wire rack to cool down before presenting your best three on small white plate.